To My Little Queen B on Your 2nd Birthday


My Georgina Blair,

Happy 2nd Birthday, my little Queen B!



It was as if it was just yesterday that I gave birth to you, my baby. I can still clearly remember the innocence in your beautiful eyes the first I saw them. It is the innocence that I will choose to always see when I look at you.


Your 2nd year of life is definitely more challenging than your first. Yes, you are no longer as fragile as when you were a newborn and you can sleep through the night (unless you are sick then it feels like I was back on our first few months together). I also no longer have to nurse you every 3 hours. But with your ability to walk and climb comes the the constant surveillance I need to do so no physical harm may come to you. With less naps, I have to be creative in finishing all the household chores. With your increasing ability to give voice to your wants comes the incessant demand for my attention. With your desire to be independent comes our seemingly endless battles of wills. Nonetheless, I am grateful for the gift of being able to spend every waking ( and actually even sleeping) hour with you during the first 2 years of your life.


I, firsthand, saw how you grow and develop from a tiny bundle of joy to a curious and energetic toddler. I am with you when you took your first step. I held you when the pain of your first tooth erupting disrupted your sleep. I am your captive audience when you sing and dance. I comforted you every time your emotions seems too big for you to understand and control. I never thought I have the courage to hold a cockroach but I did when it threathens to touch you.


I know there are times I am not as loving as I should be. I want you to know that it is not because of what you had done but because of my own selfishness. You don't act up because you want to test my patience. You don't throw a tantrum because you want to ruin my day. You don't always follow me because you don't love me. You do those things because maybe you are tired, hungry, sleepy, or just plain growing to becoming your own unique person. I'm sorry when my own selfish desires to have things my way make it difficult for me to be the loving and patient mom you need.


My little Queen B, through you I discover strengths I didn't know I have and fears I thought were below me. You continuously inspire me to become a better woman, person, and Christian. Because of you I realized that the love between a mother and child is truly magical, strong, and endless. I can never say thank you enough to our Lord for giving you to us. I am over the moon in happiness to see you growing up to be a kind, helpful, thankful, and loving person.


I am excited for what the coming days, months, and years got in store for us. You never ceases to amaze me with your talents, abilities, development and yes, even your crazy antics. I love you to the end of the universe and back, my little Queen B.

                                                             Love,
                                                             Mommy 

Comments

Popular Posts