Scholastic's Warehouse Sale 2017

Aside from a DSLR camera, the other thing (more like things) I regretted not buying while I was still pregnant with my little Queen B are children books. Well, I actually bought four. Two Winnie the Pooh books which we read to our baby while she was still in my tummy and two Eric Carle’s Spanish-English books I chanced upon the day before I gave birth.

Back then, I am still oblivious to the amazing world of picture books. Fairy tales were the only things that came into my mind when children books were mentioned. I can’t help but wonder how many great titles I have missed not buying. Thankfully, I did discover the treasure that was in picture books and other children books. I am also blessed to have a husband who fully understands and supports (to his exasperation, I’m sure) my desire to build a mini-library for our little Queen B.

Brand new books at very low prices. 
And last weekend, we traveled all the way to Pasig City to try publishing giant Scholastic’s Warehouse Sale which started last April 18. I really wanted to do their Box-all-you-Can Book Buffet where for 799 Php you can buy as many books you can fit in their designated box.

How to get there
We arrived around 10 in the morning. I immediately set into action while J watched over George who is as curious as Mommy with all the books around her. Soon after, I have already filled my box and had J packed it according to the rules of the buffet. He is so much better than me in packing. By 11, we were already on our way to our second destination of the day.

Guidelines to the Book Buffet
Do's and Don'ts of the Book Buffet

So how’s my haul? Look at all those books:


For 799 Php, we were able to buy 54 books which mean we got each book for 14.80 Php. What a steal! I was able to buy picture books, activity books, beginning readers’ books, concept books, a couple of chapter books, and even a novel for me. The only other thing that could have made my day brighter is if I was able to finally buy my own set of Harry Potter Books. They are only at 20% off so maybe next time?

The Scholastics’ Warehouse Sale is open every day (Monday to Sunday) until June 18, 2017, so you still have a long time to plan your shopping trip. 

For the meanwhile, let me give you a few tips for your visit:

Wear comfortable clothing. Since it is a warehouse sale, don’t expect plush surroundings while you pick your way through the tables and shelves of books. They do have air coolers in the place but it can still get warm.

The Book Buffet Section
Be there early to avoid the crowd. More people = the hotter it will be inside.

Bring a fan, a face towel, and a bottle of water. Avoid dehydration.

Most of the titles in the book buffet are under children’s books category. If you are looking for novels meant for adults then, sadly, this warehouse sale is not for you. They do have a lot of YA titles but the really popular ones are not part of the book buffet. They are discounted, though.

The discounted only books section. 
If you are worried if there will still be enough books for you, don’t. They do bring out new books every day.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first book buffet and I’m sure this will not be the last. Books will always be a great part of my life and it is my hope and intention to develop that same zeal if not more in my little Queen B.

The next day one would have thought I wouldn’t even set foot in a bookstore after my book buffet. Wrong! I went inside a bookstore and came out with these two books.


As the Argentine writer, Jorge Luis Borges said: “I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library”. I must say, we share the same imagination.

#xoxo

Lady



Comments

Popular Posts