Rediscovering Ryuma Restaurant



Chronologically and even geographically (if you are coming from Santa Rosa’s town proper) there was Paseo de Sta.Rosa before Solenad of Nuvali.  We rarely visit the place as J and I prefer the wider open space area with the man-made lake of Nuvali for strolling followed by a cup of coffee and some pastries. Nuvali has more choices when it comes to coffee shops than Paseo especially with the opening of Solenad 3. But the other night, we rediscovered a gem of a restaurant in Paseo; the Ryuma Restaurant.

We had our first dinner there when I was still pregnant with our little Queen B. Days before that dinner I strolled around Paseo with my Mama. I am walking a lot back then as a natural way to induce labor. I really thought that Ryuma Restaurant is an activity/gaming center for kids with its bright, colourful and festive looking decorations and lights. It is on the 2nd floor and I was looking at it from the 1st floor. So I was quite surprised that it is actually a group of restaurants/establishments though I am still partially correct because there is indeed an activity/gaming center for kids. I immensely enjoyed our dinner back then that I had J promised to take me back there after giving birth.

My first dining experience at Ryuma Restaurant with my big bulging tummy. 

Unfortunately, Japanese restaurants are in the lower end of our dining out options. J is not really into Japanese cuisine unlike me. When he let me indulge in my sashimi and sushi cravings, he will just order either a katsu or beef misono. He also doesn’t get the hype about ramen. It also does not help that having a good Japanese meal come with a hefty price tag. Thankfully, Ryuma Restaurant had the makings of changing his mind.

The Ryuma Group is located at the second floor of Paseo 4. The group includes the main restaurant known as the Ryuma Restaurant, the Ryuma Ramen House, the Ryuma Robata Grill, Ryuma Japanese Grocery, GeeGee KTV and Bar, and Ryuma Specials and Baby Shop. As of date, I have only the opportunity to enter the Ryuma Restaurant and the Ramen House.

Upon entering the restaurant, the staff dressed in traditional Japanese attire will immediately greet you. Be sure to inform them of your preferred seats. Since we have a baby in tow we requested to be seated at their non-smoking area. We were directed to stay at their Ramen House as most patrons at the main restaurant were smoking.


Unlike other Japanese restaurants, Ryuma does not boast of traditional minimalist interior design. There is nothing zen in this place. They have a mix of traditional and modern Japanese decorations. There is actually a replica of a samurai costume with matching weapons encased in a glass box. Colorful fairy lights (also known as Christmas lights) are hanged in the restaurant’s glass walls. Each corner has a large flat screen tv showing Japanese shows. Each tv is muted though. Everything is in excess but I find myself liking it.

The waitress assigned to us without delay gave the large and thick menu of the restaurant. They have an extensive selection of dishes to choose from. My sister who worked in Japan for a couple of years helped us in choosing what to get. 
 
The front cover of Ryuma's menu. 
Each of us with the exception, of course, of our little Queen B was given o-shibori or hot towel to clean our hands before eating. A small plate of appetizer and a choice of hot or cold tea were also served.
Each guest will be welcomed with this. A hot towel to refresh yourself, a choice of hot or cold tea, and a small plate of appetizer which in that day is a few bites of their tonkatsu. 

While waiting for our food, we went back to the main restaurant. Even though Ryuma Restaurant caters to mostly adult customers, children are very much welcome. Each kid guest will be able to bring home a toy by choosing one rolled piece of paper in a box. Written on the paper is a number that corresponds to a certain prize. My niece got number 18 which match up to a small owl plush toy and some chocolates. Our little Queen B got number 6 which corresponds to a large cow stuffed toy. It is actually one of their bigger prizes.

These and more are what your kids can bring home for free after your visit at Ryuma restaurant. 
 
Our little Queen B picking her prize 

and she won this cow stuffed toy! 
Back at our table, our food starts arriving. 

My sister's Karai Ramen. This taste so gooood especially if you like spicy food. A must try here!

Mama's Seafoods Ramen (300 Php). She really liked it with its generous serving of seafood. 

My niece Aki's Shoyu Ramen with Chahan. She wanted rice as well as ramen and this is the only set with the two. Unfortunately, she did not liked the ramen. Shoyu means soy sauce which we believe is the only seasoning in this ramen. 

Chahan means fried rice. The fried rice uplifts this set. Her meal also comes with a small plate of  shredded cabbage. 

J's Pork Hire Katsu Teishoku (300 Php). It comes with a bowl of rice, miso soup, and a small plate of pickled radish.  

A closer look of the katsu. J liked it with its very tasty breading and meat.

My Buta Kimchi and Shiromi Sakana Fry Set (280 Php). It also includes a bowl of rice, miso soup, and a small plate of pickled radish.

Let's take another closer look. I'm not into spicy food but I really enjoyed my Buta Kimchi. I highly recommend  getting this set. Complete meal at a very reasonable price.
My sister friend's Shake Shioyaki Teishoku (320 Php). It also comes with a bowl of rice, miso soup, and a small plate of pickled radish. The salmon is perfectly cooked though I'm sorry I was not able to capture it on picture. 

Kani Salad (200 Php). No need to get an additional order of salad if you are getting their sets since most comes with shredded cabbage salad. 

Maki-Mono Moriawase (250 Php). Sushi cravings satisfied!
Free desserts of buko pandan were also served. Our total bill costs less than 2500 Php.

Midway through our meal, we were serenaded by this group. We requested the Japanese song I Love You. 


Before leaving, we were given these big lighters as souvenirs. We also got some lollipops on our way out. Ryuma truly know how to appreciate their customers.


It was a great meal! Delicious yet reasonably priced. There are still so many dishes in their menu I would love to try someday. Will definitely be back! 

Even our little Queen B likes Ryuma Restaurant. She is sitting on their high chair which I would love to take home with us. Her OOTD is c/o her Ninong Mandy. 

#xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts