Happy Anniversary, My Pogi Husband

I have been binge watching Supernatural for several weeks now. Supernatural is an American tv series about Dean and Sam, two brothers who hunt ghosts, monsters, and demons. I have been a fan of the series since 2008 though when it hit its 9th season I sort of lost my interest in the series. Of course, my being in the last trimester of pregnancy, giving birth, and then taking care of my firstborn took majority of my attention for the past year and so. But I’m glad I decided to give it another chance as its current season (season 11) is very interesting and at par with its earlier seasons. Today’s post is not really about Supernatural but about me and J. You see, our friendship and love story started with Supernatural.

4 years of God-centered marriage and counting....

One afternoon way back in 2008, I was watching an episode of Supernatural in my laptop during my break time. I was still working at AMA Computer College then when a new co-teacher approached me and asked for a copy of the series. He said he is also interested to watch it. I lend him the DVDs of seasons 1 and 2. Before this, the two of us barely had an interaction as he was still a part-time instructor back then and I would not even be a contender for a Miss Friendship award. After a week or so, he approached me once again to report that he had finished viewing the 2 seasons and found the series quite enjoyable.

Majority, if not all, of our colleagues thought that this new co-teacher is gay as he is very soft spoken and does not exhibit the usual machismo of most men. I sort of share their perception so I exclaimed “Dean is so handsome, right?”. He gave me a perplexed look and changed the topic. Another week or so, he shared to me this new series he is following, Gossip Girl, which further cemented my belief that he is gay as this series is not something I think guys will even thought of watching. At the end of that semester, this new co-teacher completely shocked me when he asked me on a date and, much more surprising, I found myself saying yes. Four years later, this co-teacher became my husband and now the father of my beautiful daughter.

Today, May 4, we are celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary. Our wedding is a simple civil ceremony witnessed by my mom and a few friends who doubled as the required witnesses. I did not even wear white. Our wedding rings were inexpensive silver ones. We even lost our few pictures of that day. Definitely, it is not the wedding we would like to have but our marriage is one we both treasure and continually work hard for.

The past four years were not easy. We encountered numerous problems and challenges. Despite our many similarities in opinion and beliefs, we are still two different people who often clash. I must admit that there were times I just wanted to give up and I know he had felt the same way too on several occasions as well. Yet after a while, we will both realize that the person beside us is the one we vowed to love and honor till death do us apart.

I may not like J all the time. Lately, I want to duct tape his mouth when he gets so riled up when Duterte is being bashed. I’m even jealous of him because our little Queen B can call him “Daddy” while I’m “Ba” or worse “dede”. But J makes me laugh (he tells jokes so bad it will make you laugh), engages me in an intelligent conversation (yes, we sometimes discuss the Law of Thermodynamics), and take cares of me whether I needed him to or not. He is not the perfect husband but he is the one God graciously blessed me with. Likewise, our marriage is not perfect but with God’s grace, I know we will be together for better or worse, for richer or poorer, for sickness or in health till death do us apart.

Through thick or thin, let's be together!

So to my ever “pogi” husband, I know I have shortcomings. I can be very impatient especially to you. I don’t give words of affirmations as much as you would like me to do. But I want you to know that I’m always thanking God for sending you into my life. Thank you for always being supportive in my endeavours. Thank you for doing your best to provide for our family’s needs and even wants. Thank you for being a wonderful hands-on father to our Georgina. Thank you for being my partner, friend, and lover. Thank you for your dedication to entrust our marriage and family life to our dear Lord. Happy Anniversary! I love you so much!

If ever we will have a son, maybe we can name him Samuel Dean. 

P.S. Thanks also in advance for the bag you have bought for me even though it hasn’t arrived yet. Seriously, your questions the other day whether I like a short or a long bag handle and what color is nice are big giveaways. Well, you surprised me with the rose plants earlier.

There were no flower shops that open before 9 am near our area so J bought these instead in lieu of a bouquet.  #madiskarte


#xoxo


Comments

Popular Posts