Counting My Blessings (Part 1)

Last month, as I have said on my last post, is challenging for us as we battle with sickness. We are still not fully healed (especially our little Queen B) but with prayers and continuous measures to gain back our good health, hopefully, one of these days, I can say we have fully recovered. Last month is also difficult for us because Papa Nitong, J’s Papa, got hospitalized due to infection. It is unfortunate that we can’t help financially as much as we want to when funds are needed to cover all the expenses incurred. Truly, the previous weeks have been problematic.

But, in the midst of all these challenges, our family have also received a lot of blessings in various forms. I must confess that the habit of counting blessings more than my problems is a trait I needed to work on. I still tend to concentrate on the “bad” things than on the good. So in this post I would like to count the blessings our family was graciously given lately.

Winning a Kinetic Sand Kit

As we have discovered quite early on, babies tend to be more interested in playing with ordinary objects than with their toys. Due to this curious phenomenon, we rarely buy toys for our little Queen B. Also, toys can be quite expensive. The bookworm in me would rather buy books than toys. Of course, there are still toys that I find myself wanting for our little Queen B. So when online educational toys seller Little Hands PH posted on her account a simple IG contest which involves reposting a photo and tagging 3 friends, I immediately joined.

Much to my surprise (since I already forgot the contest), I won a Kinetic Sand Kit for my little Queen B. It arrived last August 4 and I immediately let Georgina play with it. She (and Mommy too) had fun playing with it. I had to take it away when she started putting the sand in her mouth. It does look like Popping Candies.

Our little Queen B trying out her new toy!
Summer is always at hand with our Kinetic Sand Kit. 


Again, thanks Little Hands PH for the Kinetic Sand Kit. My readers, if you are interested in buying toys for your little ones (Christmas is Coming!), Little Hands PH offers various educational toys at affordable prices.

Little Hands PH
Facebook : facebook.com/littlehands2016
Instagram: @littlehandsph

Basic Calligraphy Lesson for Free

I have always wanted to try Calligraphy, the art of producing decorative handwriting or lettering with a pen or brush, but I can’t bring myself to book a lesson for it. I sort of find it an extravagant hobby. So I’m really glad that in another Instagram contest (I love IG contests! Sorry to my friends who I kept tagging when needed. Don’t block me pleaseJ.), I won a basic calligraphy lesson.

Last August 20, our family headed over to Bridgetowne Tent in Libis, Quezon City where the A Handmade Affair Crafty Celebrations and Wedding Expo is being held. This expo is filled with suppliers who specialize on handmade products to give your celebrations a more personalized touch.  They also invited several experts to give workshops on various topics and crafts that can be used in one’s parties. One of the workshops is the Basic Calligraphy Workshop facilitated by Miss Sienne of Print CafĂ©.


Calligraphy is more difficult than I imagined it to be. It is very different to ordinary handwriting. The positioning of the pen and paper and the strokes needed are foreign to such novice like me. Also, ever since I was never good in writing in the lines which is why bond papers had been my paper of choice when writing down notes but as any new endeavour practice makes perfect. I will need lots and lots of practice!



It was still an enjoyable experience and I get to do something entirely without connection to motherhood for a short while. Of course, afterwards I immediately look for my husband and our little Queen B.

I will have a separate blog post for our other experiences at the expo so watch out for that!

A Raffle Prize

It is not only me who won something. J won a gift certificate from Suaviss Lab White at the A Handmade Affair Crafty Celebrations and Wedding Expo. We are still clearing up our schedule for him to have the treatment so watch out for his transformation. I’ll take before and after photos.




Mama Remy and Papa Nitong’s Birthday Celebrations

I lost my own Papa at the age of 15. J’s Papa Nitong got in a shooting accident which left him crippled and paralyzed from the waist down when J was only 7 years old. Every year we still get to be with our parents is a wonderful gift from the Lord Almighty. This year my Mama celebrated her 59th birthday while Papa Nitong celebrated his 66th birthday.

We gave Mama a surprise celebration. We invited her and my siblings over for dinner at our house in pretence. She arrived to see the house decorated with balloons and banner saying Happy Birthday. J and I prepared Lasagna (which my sister Clarisse financed) and Roast Chickens for our simple family celebration. We also bought a cake for her candle blowing ceremony.


Our simple feast for Mama's surprise birthday celebration. 
Those candles melted so fast!

Happy Birthday Mama!
Sadly, we were unable to attend Papa Nitong’s birthday celebration at Bacolod City. We weren’t able to book a flight while there were still sale fares around its date. The regular airfare is too expensive for us. Also, J no longer has any Vacation Leaves left. Still, we are with them in happiness to have Papa Nitong alive and still fighting despite numerous declarations from his doctors that he will no longer make it every time he is confined.

Together with relatives and closest friends, J’s family celebrated Papa Nitong’s 66th birthday at the function room of Imay’s Bar and Restaurant located at the 6th street in Bacolod City. 


Papa Nitong's birthday cake. 
Papa Nitong with his two siblings who are also based in Negros. 



His birthday celebration won't be complete without Lechon!


His token of appreciation for all the attendees. 


Happy Birthday Papa!
Our little Queen B did not forget her Loloy's birthday!

I've got to do some errands so I'll cut my post short. Will post part 2 as soon as I can!

#xoxo

Click here for part 2 of this post.

Comments

Popular Posts