Rustic Christmas with the Diazes 2016

 And so I’m offering this simple phrase
To kids from one to ninety-two
Although it’s been said many times, many ways
Merry Christmas to you…

In a few weeks time, it will be Christmas! Here in the Philippines, Christmas carols are played in the radio as early as September and decorations can be seen by October. This year, I wanted to start a tradition of decorating the tree as a family on the 1st of December. Also, we have a very curious toddler in the house and I’m sure all the décor will not stay long in their proper place so by having the decorations out in a short period of time as possible will certainly be a great help for my sanity.

Thankfully though, I followed J’s advice to start decorating a few days before December and just put the final touches on the 1st of December. Decorating with an inquisitive toddler is an almost impossible task. Blessedly, her cousin Ate Aki is staying with us for a week so she entertained our little Queen B while I embellish our simple abode for the Christmas season. Without her, I think I will still be decorating until next week.

Our theme this year is Rustic Christmas. It is laid back, relaxing, and does not require perfection. J and I DIYed several components of our decoration this year. So without further ado, here is our Rustic Christmas 2016….


Let us look into the details...

There are so many reasons to be joyful! I made this JOY sign from an old cabinet door while J made the wreath for me. 

I used owl ornaments, red and gold baubles, cloth ornaments, salt dough ornaments, pinecones, and cinnamon barks to decorate our tree. In keeping up with our rustic theme, we wrapped our gifts using craft paper with an assortment of red and gold ribbons. We still have a few gifts in our list to complete. 


A few weeks ago, my little Queen B and I made some salt dough ornaments. Here she is helping Mommy place the salt dough ornament with her name on it in our tree. 


Our George Salt Dough Ornament.

Pinecones just spell rustic, don't you think? Scored these lovely ornaments at 20 Php from our recent trip in Divisoria. 

Another great find at Divisoria. These cloth ornaments come in various shapes which include heart, tree, sock, mitten, and candy cane. They cost 20 Php also at Divisoria. 

Making this year's and the coming years' Christmas season Christ-centered is very important for me. I want my little Queen B to know the real meaning of Christmas so I'm glad to have found this Bible Verses Countdown to Christmas printable from www.happyhomefairy.com . 


A few years from now, maybe, I'll make Georgina memorize the verses. 

I also brought out our collection of Christmas books for our little Queen B. She already asked me to read one of them for her earlier. 

Our little Queen B's rocking horse also got the Christmas treatment. I don't have a bell so I used a red bauble instead. 

I bought the burlap sack from National Bookstore a couple of weeks ago. It is meant for our little Queen B's gifts.   

Other areas of our home also got prettified for the holidays. 


Most of the items here were collected over the years like that gold frame which we bought for my Christmas-themed baby shower two years ago. 

More pinecones!

A white table perfectly complements any theme. This is our dining table. In the frame is a reindeer artwork made from our little Queen B's footprints. 

Thankfully, Georgina still doesn't know how to peel off the wrapper of those candy canes or else those candies might never see Christmas. I will let her have a taste one of these days. I'm also thinking of having a hot cocoa bar on Christmas eve so those candies will be a nice addition to our toppings. 

Almost a lifetime ago, I had an owl collection. My Tita Eva who is based in Malta got this owl key chain (I removed the chain) for me several years ago. 

Our chalkboard door where I usually write our menu for the week now serves as a constant reminder to us of the real reason why we celebrate Christmas. 





It took me almost an hour to finish but I am quite satisfied with my hard work. 

I hope you enjoyed our rustic-themed Christmas decoration. How about you? What is the theme of your Christmas decoration this year? Please share it on the comment section below. I would love to hear it!

May we all have a holly jolly Christmas!

#xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts