Adventures of the Travelling Georgina: First Cinema Experience

I really wanted to write a post last week. Despite having a full day of taking care of my very active little Queen B and doing most of the household chores, I still forced myself to spend one or two hours each day (after Georgina had finally retired for the night) in front of my laptop, forcing my brain to come up with a coherent sentence but my head just won’t cooperate. All it wants to do is rest after my long day. Both Mama and my sister had been out most of the time last week so I have no choice but do the household chores all by myself. Hopefully, this week I will be able to catch up on my planned topics to write about. For today, I want to share with you my little Queen B’s first cinema experience.

Good, Mom and Dad still left me some popcorn. - Georgina

I have lost count of the times J and I have been to the cinema together. Like most couples, watching a movie is a usual part of our routine during our date nights. But ever since Georgina was born, we have not set foot inside a moviehouse. First of all, we don’t want to risk damaging our baby’s eardrums with exposure to the loud sounds inside a cinema. Also, babies easily get bored and when they do they usually throw a tantrum and we certainly don’t want to cause a commotion inside a cinema. We also can’t bear to leave her behind so when J’s colleagues (two of which are Georgina's godparents) invited us to watch Mockingjay- Part 2 at the newly opened cinema in Solenad 3, we were a little apprehensive if we can handle our little Queen B and still enjoy the much awaited final instalment of the Hunger Games.

We arrived in Solenad 3 at around noon and decided to catch the 2:30 PM screening of Mockingjay- Part 2 so we can grab a leisurely lunch first at Bistro Charlemagne (read here for our first dining experience at Bistro Charlemagne). Like our previous meal there, once again Bistro Charlemagne did not disappoint our grumbling stomachs. I wasn’t able to take photos of all the dishes we ordered and it has been a while that I have already forgotten their names (note to self: take down notes next time) but all of them tasted good and reasonably priced too!

Right before we dive in to the yummy spread before us. 

We finished our delicious lunch just in time for the movie so we immediately headed over to the rd floor of the Cinema Building. Ayala Malls Solenad has four cinemas and the 2:30 PM screening of the Mockingjay- Part 2 happens to be at Cinema 3 which has la-z-boy seats. Ticket price is at 300 Php for Cinema 3 and 200-250 Php (depending on the movie) for the other cinemas. Tickets, like in any other Ayala Mall cinemas, can also be purchased at www.sureseats.com .

Ayala Mall Solenad's Cinema Ticket Counter

Snack Bar. More stalls are set to open very soon. 

Finally, a cinema in the Nuvali Area!

We got to have free tumblers of popcorn. I don’t know if it is for always (forgot to ask) or just an opening promo but we got one free tumbler of popcorn for every 2 tickets we purchased. There are 7 of us so we got 3 tumblers. Our little Queen B entrance is still free of charge and will be so until she turns one.

I’m a Hunger Games fan. I have watched all the previous films and have read the books several times. I find Katniss Everdeen’s character compelling and relatable. I’m really excited to see how they will bring to life the last chapters of the 3rd book of the Hunger Games trilogy. Of course, the books will always triumph over the films when it comes to details but I have learned over the years to enjoy the books and the movie (or tv series) separately. I am quite satisfied with the last (though people at Lionsgate are thinking of doing a prequel or a spinoff) film in the franchise.

Happy Hunger Games! 

My first cinema experience with my little Queen B was made more enjoyable because she slept the whole time! J and I didn’t have to go outside to calm her down. I just nursed her at the start of the movie and she slept immediately. I, of course, covered her ears to protect it from the loud sounds. She promptly woke up at the end of the film, though.


Nooooo. No more popcorn. I slept instead of bothering you Mom and Dad and this is what I get.
Hmmp. - Georgina

I hope J and I can watch another movie or two at Ayala Malls Solenad before Georgina turns one. Hmmm, maybe the upcoming Star Wars film? I think I made a fan out of my little Queen B over the weekend while movie marathoning the Star Wars Saga at Star Movies.


Will not smile for the camera Mom and Dad.
I'm still making "tampo" because you didn't leave me popcorn. - Georgina
#xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts