Nonna's Pasta and Pizzeria

Over the years, J and I’s preference for pasta and pizza have changed. I used to cook pasta for him that have more than a dozen ingredients in them. We also used to order pizzas that contain all types of meat and cold cuts. Then, we discovered that sometimes less is better. So nowadays, whenever I prepare pasta I used very few ingredients like the Spanish Sardines Pasta I learned from J’s friend Shellyn. As for pizza, we love pizza with just different types of cheese on it. Last month, J and I discovered a new pasta and pizza place that serves not only the basics and classics but also something for the adventurous to try.


After our movie date with Katniss Everdeen, our group headed over to the nearby Timezone, located also at the 3rd floor of the Cinema Building of Ayala Malls Solenad. In there, J and his colleagues played some arcade games.

It is actually our little Queen B's first visit at Timezone. Here she is with her Ninang Jossan. 
Jhie got super lucky!


Our next stop was at The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf where I finally completed the required numbers of stamps for me to be able to redeem my first ever CBTL’s journal. Hopefully, I’ll be able to put it into more use than my previous years’ planner.

Thanks to J's friends for your contribution to my next year's planner. 

We also visited the Nuvali branch of S&R. After our short shopping spree, J’s colleagues bid us adieu as they still have a long drive ahead of them while we decided to stay and have our dinner at Nonna’s.

Nonna’s Pasta and Pizzeria
GFF-1, Ayala Malls Solenad, Nuvali, City of Santa Rosa, Laguna
Contact Details: 0949 889 8959
Operating Hours: Monday to Friday, 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
                            Saturday and Sunday, 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM

Nonna’s Pasta and Pizzeria is the newest restaurant from the owners of Mama Lou’s Italian Kitchen. The restaurant’s interiors and décor is more laidback and quirky than Mama Lou’s (the one in Nuvali, never been to their BF Homes branch). I particularly like the industrial-ish finish of the walls and floor and the mismatched chairs. I also like their pendant lights.




From the name itself, Nonna’s specializes on pasta and brick oven pizza with a few choices for appetizers and salads. J and I immediately zoomed in to their Aglio Olio and Margherita for our pasta and pizza respectively.

Aglio Olio (195 Php) Hand made pasta noodles with olive oil, sliced garlic, parsley, and parmesan cheese. J and I would really like this if not for the pasta noodles itself. It looked and tasted like the noodles in locally available instant noodles. Maybe change the pasta noodles recipe?
 
Margherita (295 Php). Classic pizza made with pomodoro, fior di latte, and basil.
This, we love! Simple but very tasty. 
Years ago, J and I along with Mama and my niece Aki went to Ilocos for a short vacation and we were able to try Pinakbet Pizza. Instead of the usual hot sauce, we were requested to put bagoong in our pizza. It is unusual but it is perfect for the Pinakbet pizza we had. At Nonna’s, we were requested to try their Hot Honey sauce and we did even though it is perfect for us as it is. Well, we are glad we did. The Hot Honey sauce added a little kick into our pizza, elevating it a notch higher.

You only need a few drops of this liquid gold in your pizza to taste the difference. 
Our little Queen B has been eating solids for months now though breastmilk is still her main source of calories and nutrients. She never enjoyed food prepared traditionally for babies like mashed vegetables or fruits. Instead, she prefers eating solids that are similar in texture to what we, adults, eat. Of course, we still limit her salt intake but once in a while we gave her a taste of our food. We let her try the pizza and she loves it. She must have finished half a slice.

Before our orders arrived,  Georgina was sleeping peacefully in my arms. She promptly woke up in time for dinner.  I think she doesn't want to miss the pizza like what happened with the popcorn. 

J and I wanted simple fares that night but other choices in their menu will definitely make us come back. I’m interested to try the Seoul Special Pizza (395 Php) which contains kimchi in its list of toppings. For the pasta, I can’t wait to taste the Salmon Caviar Pasta (350 Php) and the Uni Caviar Pasta (350 Php) which are both cream-based pasta. I have never had Gnocchi (275 Php) so I’ll also include that in my list of what to try next at Nonna’s. If you are craving for pasta and pizza, why not give Nonna’s Pasta and Pizzeria a try the next you find yourself down South?

Thanks Nonna's for our delicious simple dinner. 

#xoxo




Comments

Popular Posts