Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Week

"I'll love you forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby, you'll be."

Love You Forever by Robert Munsch is on my book wish list. It's a poignant story about a mother's deep and unconditional love for her child. That line is her nightly song for her son. Robert Munsch wrote the book after he and his wife had two stillborn babies.


October 9-15 is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Week. All over the world, bereaved parents, family members, and friends commemorate the short lives of their babies. Sadly, this year, several friends and acquaintances either miscarried or lost their babies so shortly after birth. Honestly, I can't imagine the pain they are going through.


So this week, I commemorate with you. May you take comfort from the words of our Almighty Lord in Lamentations 3: 31-33:



"For no one is cast off by the Lord forever. Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. For he does not willingly bring affliction and grief to anyone." (NIV)

Bring to Him your pain and He will surely, surely give you rest.

As for us who still have our beloved children with us, hug them, kiss them, and tell them that you love them for no matter how old they are now, they are forever our babies.

Yours, 

Lady

Comments

Popular Posts