Heart French Toast

For years, breakfast is a me-and-my-little-Queen B time as J has the night shift at work. Our usual meal includes bread (most of the time, the Filipino-favorite pandesal), cheese or any sandwich spread, milk for George, and coffee for me. Every once in a while and if I happen to wake up early, I prepare something different like goto or champorado or even ginataang mais

But now that I start my days earlier and J has the day shift, our breakfast would have to be a little different as it is now the only meal during weekdays we can spend together as a family. It is now my goal to make this meal extra special. I already have some ideas lined up.

This Valentine's Day, why not make your breakfast with your loved ones a little special and heartfelt, too with this Heart French Toast

For this delicious and sure-to-be a hit dish, you will need:
  • bread (either white or wheat bread; choose a good quality one)
  • milk
  • egg
  • butter or margarine
  • sugar
  • cinnamon powder
  • pancake syrup or maple syrup
  • heart-shaped cookie cutters

Directions

Step 1: Cut the bread into heart shapes using the cookie cutters. You can make big and small hearts. Out of my slice of bread, I was able to cut out one big heart or 4 small hearts. 


Step 2: In a bowl, whisk the egg and milk together. In another bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon to create cinnamon sugar.

Step 3: Dip the bread slices into the egg-milk mixture, turning to coat both sides evenly. 

Step 4: Toast/cook the bread on a lightly butter or margarine greased non-stick pan on medium heat until browned on both sides. 
 


Step 5: Dip the cooked bread in the cinnamon sugar. 

Step 6: Drizzle with the pancake or maple syrup. Enjoy! 

To make it more substantial, this Heart French Toast perfectly pairs with crispy bacon and fresh fruits. 

John Gunther, an American journalist, once said, "All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast." Your loved ones will indeed have a happy Valentine's Day with this on the breakfast table or better yet, have a breakfast in bed affair. 

Yours, 

Lady

Comments

Popular Posts