I Love You to Pieces Artwork


Just like the mom in the well-known favorite "Love You Forever" by Robert Munsch, there are many moments with my little Queen B that I blurted out, "This kid is making me crazy!" 

I am not a neat freak. But I do have a limit when it comes to the messiness I can live with. And my little Queen B seems to enjoy stretching that limit. Most of the time our home feels like a hurricane just passed through it. 

A couple of weeks ago, I guess my daughter was undergoing a growth spurt because for a couple of days she was constantly hungry. Thirty minutes won't pass by without her complaining that she's hungry. At first, I am very thankful for this increase in appetite because her eating habits have always been a challenge to us but it soon becomes irritating. 

Yet despite all of that craziness of motherhood, I wouldn't give up this life I have now. It's a delight to see her grow and explore the world around her. I enjoy seeing her unique personality unfolds. Every day with her is not perfect but every day the two of us learn something from each other. 

And today, let me share with you a simple yet heartfelt activity you can do with your kids this season of hearts because we all love our kids to pieces!

This activity is quite easy to do. It's so simple even toddlers, like my little Queen B, can do it. For this, you will need the following:

  • white bond paper/ cardstocks
  • red and pink-colored papers
  • scissor 
  • colored pens
  • glue
  • heart-shaped cookie cutter (optional)
Directions

Step 1: Using the heart-shaped cookie cutter, trace a heart shape on your bond paper or card. I'm not much of an artist so this step is important to me but if you or your child can draw freestyle then no need for the cookie cutter. Then write "I LOVE YOU TO PIECES". 

Step 2: Cut the red and pink-colored papers into small pieces. 
My little Queen B would have enjoyed this step but I actually forgot to make her do this but instead did this step in preparation for our activity. 

Step 3: Glue the red and pink-colored pieces of paper inside the heart. 

She is concentrating to put all the pieces inside the heart. Older children can make a mosaic out of the pieces of paper for a neater and detailed artwork.

And the finished product....

It's a simple, inexpensive activity that can be used as a home decoration this Valentine's Day or as a card, your kids can give to their friends, grandparents, cousins, and other loved ones. They will surely appreciate this hand-made treasure. 


Yours, 


Lady

Comments

Popular Posts