Picture Books for Valentine's Day


Ever since she started speaking, I wonder how long do I have to wait until I will hear my little Queen B say "I Love You, Mommy" on her own, and not just as a response to my own I-love-yous. And last week as we were waiting for sleep to come to us, my little Queen B completely surprised me when she, out of the blue, told me she loves me while giving me a tight hug. For a while there, I was speechless as I savor that special and amazing moment. 

As I have numerously mentioned here on my blog, I don't have an affectionate relationship with my own parents. Both my Papa and Mama are not showy of their affections towards us; whether in action or in words. And our broken family status didn't help matters, either. Nonetheless, I know in their own way they love us but I want a different kind of relationship with my own child so I make it a point that a day won't pass without me telling George how much I love her and more importantly, show her in several ways. 

Another way we, parents, can show our love to our children is through having a regular read-aloud session with them. It is a wonderful way to connect and bond with them. It is a special time in which they can enjoy our full attention. And this season of hearts, books about love are a perfect read aloud so today, I'm sharing with you our collection of picture books about LOVE. 



Saying I Love You from the Life Lessons Collection
This book teaches children to whom and why they should say I love you. Of course, I do believe we should not force our children to show affection to others when they don't want to. But this book may encourage your shy little one that they should not be afraid to say I love you. 

The Day It Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond
The Day It Rained Hearts tells what Cornelia Augusta did with all the hearts she caught on the day it rained hearts. As she discovers that each heart is special in its own way, she also realized that each of her friends is also unique. Your child would be asking to make paper hearts to send to her friends after reading this sweet book. 

Yummiest Love by Lisa McCourt
What do you love about your child? Let this book put into words those little things about our children that make our hearts flutter. My little Queen B would always give me a big hug when we read this one.

Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
A favorite of many! Guess How Much I Love You is a timeless tale that tells the story of Little Nutbrown Hare and Big Nutbrown Hare's competition to out-measure their love for each other. Big Nutbrown Hare's final declaration of love, "I love you right up to the moon and back" has become the way of saying I love you to their own children of millions of parents all over the world.

You're All My Favorites by Sam McBratney
Are your children having sibling rivalries? Assure each of them of your love with this book. They may be different from each other but all of them are special in their own unique way and we love them all the same.

Mama, Do You Love Me? by Barbara M. Joose
Our children are not always perfect, they make mistakes, they throw tantrums but despite their imperfections, we still love them. In this book, a mother continuously reassures her child that her love is forever. 

Love You Forever by Robert Munsch
Which parent wouldn't be able to relate to the message of this heartwarming story of a mother and her child? I certainly do. I know that as my little Queen B grows, my love for her will also grow and that she'll forever be my first baby. 

The Two Commandments from the Stories Jesus Told series
I would like my little Queen B not only to grow up feeling completely loved but also to grow up loving others unconditionally. This book reminds her she should love God with all her heart, mind, and soul and also to love others as Jesus loves her. 


Is your favorite on this list too? If not, what is it? Do share in the comments section. I am always on the lookout for great titles for my little Queen B. 

I wish everyone a Happy and Full of Love Valentine's Day!

Love, 

Lady

Comments

Popular Posts