How Should We Study the Bible


As I have shared here several weeks ago, after years of trying I have finally finished reading the whole Bible. I have followed the One Year Bible Reading Plan our local church distributed to its attendees at the beginning of this year. But, I'll be honest, I have only read it. 

Sometimes, I check out the meanings of some words or terms I'm unfamiliar with. Once in a while, I also read commentaries about some of the passages like the parables. But that's it. With exception of the passages required for the Life and Legacy Discipleship I attended for 12 weeks, I didn't really study the Bible in depth. I know I have barely scratched the surface of the treasure that is in the Bible. And it is something I intend to remedy next year as I begin another One Year Bible Reading Plan.

Coincidentally, last Sunday's preaching at church gave me a guideline on how to do it and I would like to share it with you, my dear readers. This is the CORRECT Way of studying the Word of God:

I am very grateful that at church, our pastors and leaders when preaching follow this method when discussing passages from the Bible. This practice makes the message portion of church service very enlightening. 

With your prayers and the guidance of the Holy Spirit, I am hoping that I will be more intentional in studying our Lord's Word and through it, I will be able to align my will to His perfect will.

Hebrews 4: 12 says, 

"For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart."

Yours, 

Lady

Comments

Popular Posts