Give Thanks

Thankfulness. It is defined as a feeling of appreciation felt by when we receive kindness, gifts, blessings, help, and favors. It is easy to be grateful when everything is going on our way. But what if everything seems to be going against us? Will we still be thankful?

1 Thessalonians 5:12 says, "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

In all circumstances. The apostle Paul said we should give thanks in ALL circumstances; whether good or not. But how can we give thanks when you're facing criticisms, when you're mourning, when you're sick, or when you're facing difficulties?

Apostle Paul gave us the best answer in Philippians 4:13 when he said, "I can do all things through him who strengthens me." Yes, on our own it is impossible to be always thankful but with the Holy Spirit of our Almighty God, we can!

It's about changing our perspective. Our problems are maybe God's way to teach us, to mold our character, to conform our will to His. Whenever I feel God's rebuke, I feel thankful because I know He cares so much for me that He wants to correct my ways.

So tonight, let's give thanks. Be thankful for all the blessings. Be thankful also for all the challenges.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular Posts