Newborn

: a child under 28 days of age.
From World Health Organization


Babies grow up fast! They sure do so as a first time mom I want to document almost every detail about our little Queen B. I know that as time passes by my memory will fail me so I want a lot of souvenirs of her first few days and one of the things I insisted to have is a newborn photoshoot for our baby. Weeks before my due date, I already started my research on this kind of photography. I want someone professional and yet very affordable. I’m glad I found it with Baby Love Studio.

Based on their website, Baby Love Studio specializes in fine art portraiture for newborns, babies, pregnant moms, and families. It is owned by Mr. and Mrs. Edilbert and Maan Corsame. Sir Bert serves as the studio’s only photographer and baby whisperer. Three weeks prior to my due date, I already contacted Sir Bert to inform him of my intention.

Initial convo with Baby Love Studios talented photographer and baby whisperer Sir Bert

Of course, I had an emergency C-section exactly one week before my due date as I have shared here. We scheduled our Georgina’s photoshoot 10 days after she was born. Her umbilical cord had fallen off the night before. I guess she really wants to look her best and she doesn’t want that dried black thingy in her first ever professional photoshoot. (First because I’m sure this is not the last. If I can have my way, we’ll have her professionally photographed monthly but that will be too expensive. )

Baby’s Breath, the package we have chosen, is for babies 2 weeks old and below. It includes 3 different sets, full editing of 6 photos, web resolution copies of all shots (no editing, with watermark), and hi-resolution soft copies of the 6 edited photos.

Upon arrival at his studio in ParaƱaque, Sir Bert immediately asked us the set-ups we wanted so he can prepare it. He got a lot of materials/props you can use for your desired sets. We have decided on Parisian/ travel theme, nautical theme, and a basic background. As he arranges the needed props, I fed our baby. After feeding, we witnessed Sir Bert’s baby whisperer talent as he makes our baby fall into a deep sleep. Babies should be sleeping deeply so he/she could be posed in certain ways.

Behind the scene for the Parisian/ travel theme set of our little Queen B's  photo session

The whole photoshoot took almost 2 hours. The first two sets were a little fast so we can still have a sleeping baby by the third set. The third set took longer as it is during this set we get to play with the various headbands, bonnets, and swaddles in Sir Bert’s collection. This part may end when the baby wakes up though it wasn’t in our case.

Behind the scene for the nautical theme set. The studio is warm enough so despite being in the buff our Georgina kept sleeping peacefully

I received the link of all the raw/unprocessed photos from our session the next day. I just downloaded them and we begin the difficult task of choosing six photos for editing. Five days after submission of our choices we received another link for the full edited photos. Our transaction was fast and efficient.

As I watched our little Queen B grows, I am very pleased with my decision to do a newborn photoshoot. She will never be that tiny and fragile again which the photographs have captured very well. Also, babies’ faces change as they grow. It is delightful to see and compare later on how her features alter as days passed. Yes, I can take pictures of her at home (I actually do almost every day) but those photos are keepsakes I will treasure for as long as I live. The price tag it came with is truly worth it!

Need more convincing, here are the full edited photos:

It was only after we have received the raw photos that I noticed the peonies which is perfect as it is closely connected to our baby's name. I'll share on my next post the story behind her name.


We use this picture for our little Queen B's nautical themed Dedication



Other samples (raw/unprocessed photos):

Her Erap smile!



For inquiries about Baby Love Studio and their packages, here is their website: www.babylovestudio.com

#xoxo

P.S. I did not post the rate I have gotten with my package as I believed they have increased their rates already.


Comments

Popular Posts