Pregnancy

noun | preg×nan×cy |
: the condition of a woman that is going to have a baby
From Merriam Webster Dictionary

Our little Queen B is a precious gift from God.

My pregnancy is not unexpected. In fact, J and I have been trying for more than half a year before those two red lines appear on the pregnancy test kit. In that period of time, I have used up a lot of pregnancy test kits. If my period is even a day late I will immediately check but month after month only one red line is on the kit. Three months into trying to conceive we are already losing hope of ever having a baby. (Exaggerated lang ang reaction naming mag-asawa!)

In April 2014, our Growth Group in our church started studying Roots and Wings. Part of our devotion is to pray for each other. I admit that before that J and I have not prayed for a baby. We took it for granted that God will give us one. So when our leader asked us what is our prayer request, J and I looked at each other and instinctively we knew what we wanted, a baby. After that session, every time I will do my devotion I always pray for God to let me experience the joy of motherhood. A month after, two red lines appear on the pregnancy test kit! Praise God!

However faint that second line is it is still a second red line.

Forever grateful to them, our Growth Group! With your prayers, God blessed us.

 You would have thought that after seeing the positive sign on the test kit we will announce that I’m pregnant to the whole world instantly. Wrong, we kept it a secret until I had my first ultrasound with my OB. When she confirmed that indeed I’m pregnant, we finally allow ourselves to celebrate this momentous event in our lives.   (Mahirap ng magkamali, what if palpak ang PT?)




With excitement, I immediately read up on pregnancy. I bought the What to Expect When Expecting book. I started collecting magazines about babies. I joined forums regarding pregnancy. J and I even attended a childbirth class. I armed myself with information to prepare myself and my husband.I was ready for the nausea, the vomiting, the increased sensitivity of my sense of smell, and even for the weight gain. I was one blessed pregnant woman. No nausea. No vomiting. I have always had a sensitive nose so basically my sense of smell is the same. I did not gain weight. I actually lost a few pounds. Pregnancy flatters me.


Graduates of a Child Birth class!
My first 2 magazines about babies!

Almost everyone who sees me says that I’m having a girl. (Blooming daw kasi ako! Truthfully, natuto lang ako magkilay. I strongly believe na malaking bagay ang magandang kilay.  ) At four months, my tummy can still be interpreted as just having too much lunch. The only piece of maternity clothing I bought is a pair of maternity shorts I wore at my work’s Christmas party. I just bought dresses that are just a size bigger than my usual. I also did not get a single stretch mark due to expanding tummy! (Lucky, lucky me!!!)


At 2 months pregnant with my Mama. 


Barely a bump at almost 4 months pregnant.


A fitted dress to flaunt that bump at 6 months!


Attending Smart Parenting's baby shower at 7 months.


All of them actually over guessed my size at 8 months. 


So it is no surprise that I love being pregnant! Almost everyone is kinder to me. I don’t have to get in line whether in riding a bus or making deposits at the bank. Most people give up their seats for me in the LRT. I wore a two-piece swimsuit during our mini-babymoon and no one would have dared to say na ang kapal ng mukha kong mag-two piece! J spoils me so much! Best of all, I get to eat almost anything I crave for except those I should avoid like sashimi and unpasteurized cheese.

Less than a month before my due date I still have the guts to show my bare zero stretchmarks tummy. 

Of course, I did have some not so good experiences. During my first trimester, I am always as in always sleepy. I must have spent more than 12 hours per day sleeping throughout my first three months of pregnancy. It was a different story when I reached my last trimester. Sleep eludes me. I can’t sleep on my back since that is not advisable. I might cut off my baby’s supply of oxygen. Factor in also the worries circling my head at that time. Do we have enough clothes for her? Should we use disposable diapers or cloth ones? Can we survive if I quit my job so I can take care of her full time? And oh, we were not able to have our Palawan trip scheduled on the first week of November last year since my planned itinerary and activities are not pregnancy friendly. (Yeah, yeah, I really did have it easy! Wala akong karapatan magreklamo. )

My 39 weeks of gestation are truly blessed. Our little Queen B did not make my life difficult. No painful kicking from her. She is one behaved baby inside my tummy.


Who got the bigger tummy, me or hubby?

Other pregnant moms’ stories are most probably different. Some have it difficult. They have to take medications to keep their baby and bed rest until delivery. Some like me may have breeze through it. Whatever the case, my simple advice is to keep yourself healthy for the baby. Eat nutritious foods though once in a while indulge. Drink your prenatal vitamins. Exercise even if it is just a 15-minute walk. Lastly, own that tummy. Flaunt it! Love the changes in your body because your body is creating an amazing being, a priceless gift from God.

All moms-to-be are beautiful because their bodies are creating a wonderful gift from God!


#xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts