BBQ Party with Friends (It's Georgina's 7th Month Birthday Celebration too!)

Michelle, Candy, and I definitely miss each other so much that even though we just spend some time together to celebrate Michelle’s birthday we scheduled our next get together exactly one week after our last meeting. This time we decided to hold a simple BBQ party at Candy and Niño’s new home.

Candy and Niño prepared a feast for us.

Chicken Kebabs. It was so good that we didn't even notice the sauce Candy made for it. I think I had 4 sticks. 
 
Beef and mushroom pasta. Candy actually just used whatever is available in her pantry and came up with this good-tasting pasta dish. Lately, J and I are more into oil-based pasta so we thoroughly enjoyed the simplicity of this pasta dish. 
Potato Salad. My younger self would not even dare taste this dish but as we grow older our taste in food changes. I  loooovvveeee this so much I almost finished the whole bowl. 
Michelle and I also brought some dishes for our intimate party. 

Michelle's refreshing Fruit Salad. It is composed of diced apple, cucumber, and orange seasoned with salt. It is a nice palate cleanser. Michelle also brought hotdogs but with too much food in the table we opted not to grill it anymore. 
My Chili Con Carne for our chips. I also brought my homemade salsa which I was unable to take a photo of. 
I'm also in charge of our desserts. Since our intimate gathering falls on my little Queen B's 7th Month Birthday, I brought a cake and a tub of ice cream. 

Goldilock's Triple Delight Cake. Goldilocks cakes are quite good lately in comparison to their cakes two or three years ago. 
If you love chocolate chip cookies and ice cream, this is a must-taste! This image is from www.foodspotting.com, I forgot to take a photo of the one I bought. 
And here is our spread:

All that food is for 6 hungry adults. Candy and Niño also grilled some salt and pepper marinated pork belly. 

How about our kids? Since my super cute and charming godson Aki is already old enough to enjoy our food, he just ate whatever he wants from the table. Michelle and Rick decided not to bring Kyle with them as he just recovered from a mild case of colds. As for my little Queen B, she had homemade baked potato chips seasoned with thyme and pepper only. No salt for my baby!


Reminder:
Mommies and Daddies, babies need only a very small amount of salt a day until they turn 1 year old. They actually need less than 1 gram. So be careful in feeding them food with extra salt.
Even toddlers need very little salt. The daily recommended maximum amount of salt for a toddler is 2 grams until he turns 3 years old.



















My little Queen B enjoying her baked potato chips. We are practicing a combination of traditional and Baby-led way of introducing solids to our precious baby. 
The beautiful ladies of our group
and of course the handsome gentlemen. 


We paused for a moment to let Georgina have her candle blowing ceremony. Well, it is really me and Aki who extinguish the candle flame. 

We arrived before 6 pm and stayed at Candy and Niño’s home until 12 midnight. It was a night filled with great conversations with our wonderful friends. From housekeeping to taking care of babies to work-related problems to latest showbiz updates, we must have discussed all of them during our simple party. There are just so many things to talk about.

I don’t have a lot of friends but what I lack in quantity is more than compensated with the quality of friends I have. Michelle and Candy are two friends I know I will treasure for the rest of my life.

Again, girls, we still need to have our girls-only get together. We were unable to talk about one topic- our husbands! Till our next meet-up!

#xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts