Me, J, and Krispy Kreme's Original Glazed Donut

Our little Queen B wouldn't be with us today if we have let our immature selves broke up because of this donut. 

After our road trip to Talisay, Batangas, we decided to spend the rest of the day at Nuvali and later on had our dinner at Paseo de Sta.Rosa. It has been a while since our last Solenad 1 visit so we stop there first to see the hundred of kois in Nuvali’s man-made lake. Our little Queen B was fascinated with the hungry bright orange to yellow fishes all clamouring to have a taste of the fish feeds visitors can give to them. 


Still her bubbly smiling self, our little Queen B really takes after her Mommy and Daddy who love going out and exploring new places!

Afterwards, for our afternoon snacks J and I treated everyone with donuts from Krispy Kreme. It is a Monday so we were able to avail of Krispy Kreme’s Dozen Deal Mondays promo. Every Monday from August 24 to September 28, 2015, you can buy one dozen of Original Glazed donuts and get the second dozen for 78 Php only! Most of Krispy Kreme's donuts are chocolate flavored which I am not a fan of so the Original Glazed donut has become my favorite Krispy Kreme donut.


Growing up in Negros where sugar cane plantations abound, it is no wonder J has a sweet tooth. Sweets and desserts had been my go-to gifts during special occasions since sometimes giving gifts to men can be challenging. Donuts, especially Krispy Kreme’s Original Glazed, have the most meaning for us.   

Years ago while strolling around Festival Mall in Alabang, we chanced upon a Krispy Kreme stall. Take note that back then Krispy Kreme stores were quite rare so there was a long line of people waiting to buy their famous donuts. J had already mentioned to me that Krispy Kreme’s Original Glazed Donuts are so good so when he saw the stall he immediately told me to buy him a donut.

I am not in a habit of asking him to buy things for me. Actually, even up to now I am not comfortable when he buys things like bags or make-ups for me. I am so used to buying personal things with my own money back then that I can’t understand why he can’t just buy the donuts himself. I refused to buy him a donut and told him if he really wanted a donut then I’ll wait with him at the line so he can buy it himself.

He got angry at my refusal. Naglalambing lang naman daw siya. An argument began. He kept pestering me to buy him a donut and not just wait with him while I stood my ground not to. It ended with him threatening me that he will leave if I didn’t buy a donut. Thinking that he was just bluffing, I still did not buy him a donut. He left me at the mall and went home by himself. It was only after he left that both of us realized the immaturity and stupidity of our argument. 

I followed him to his home and we made amends after a short cry fest. Since then I vowed to surprise him with donuts every now and then.

Message donuts from Cello's Doughnuts and Dips
 
Went to a very out of my way Mall of Asia for J.Co's donuts. This was bought in 2012 and not in 2008 as seen in the picture. Camera's date setting is not correct. 

There were actually many, many more but I wasn't able to take pictures of it. Well, let J's girth size tell you how many donuts I had surprised him with over the years. 

#xoxo

P.S. J and I still fight over the silliest of things but nothing beats our almost relationship breaker fight over a donut! 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts