Mama's 58th Birthday Celebration

My Mama had only one request for her birthday- a dinner treat. That’s it. We offered to throw a small party for her so she can spend her special day with her friends but she refused. All she wanted was a simple dinner with her family. Well, wish granted!

For her 58th birthday celebration, we decided to try the newly opened Sisig Society at Solenad 3 in Nuvali.

The birthday celebrant with her grandchildren Aki, Xander, and our little Queen B. 

Sisig Society
Solenad 3, Nuvali


As the name implies, Sisig Society serves sisig. Sisig is a popular appetizer that originated from the province of Pampanga. Lucia Cunanan of Angeles City has been credited with the invention of sisig making Angeles City as the Sisig Capital of the Philippines. It is traditionally made with parts of the pig’s head and liver with various seasonings.

So what makes Sisig Society different from other sisig places? In Sisig Society, you can make your own sisig in 4 easy steps for 179 Php for solo and 269 Php for sharing.

Step 1: Choose your meat. You have the option whether you want pork, chicken, or seafood.
Step 2: Choose two toppings. Choices of toppings include bacon, chicharon, and mushroom among others.
Step 3: Choose your sauce. There are four sauces to choose from – sarsa, creamy sauce, diablo sauce, and a secret sauce.
Step 4: Choose your starch. You can have your sisig with rice or nachos.

If you don’t want to experiment with your sisig, Sisig Society offers their own tried and tested sisig concoctions that you can still customize with your choice of meat. Each order comes with a serving of either rice or nachos. 

While waiting for our food to arrive, my sister Joan and I had a mini-pictorial at Sisig Society''s photowall.  Of course, I'm the angel!

Chicken Salpicao (Top Left, 169 Php-solo, 259 Php-sharing), Diablo Sisig (Top Right, 159 Php-solo, 249 Php-sharing), Bacon and Cheese Sisig (Bottom Left, 159 Php-solo, 249 Php-sharing), and Crispy Sisig (Bottom Right, 159 Php-solo, 249 Php-sharing). All are for sharing. 
Garlic Shroom Sisig (159 Php-solo, 249 Php-sharing) and the Nachos included in our sisig orders. 


Let us take some closer looks. 

Pork Meat + Bacon + Cheese + Creamy sauce = Bacon and Cheese Sisig. It is a nice choice if you are dining with kids. 
Pork Meat + Chicharon + Onion + Sarsa = Crispy Sisig. It is the closest to your usual sizzling sisig. 

Seafood Meat + Bacon + Chorizo + Diablo Sauce = Diablo Sisig. It is not as spicy as it name implies since I was still able to enjoy this. I have low tolerance to anything hot and spicy. 

We also ordered their Crispy Kare-Kare (159 Php) which arrived last. Since we are already in the middle of our meal, I was unable to take a photo of it. It is composed of several slices of crispy pork belly, pechay, and eggplant. What makes this memorable for us is the sauce. Their sauce is one of the best Kare-kare sauces we had. The sauce was so good that J and I ordered another serving of Crispy Kare-kare. We are so excited to dig in again that once again we forgot to take a photo of it. 

For every extra order of rice or nachos, you just pay 20 Php. You can also add a glass of Iced Tea on your meal for 20 Php. This is one budget friendly restaurant for big groups or just big appetites.

We are missing some members of our family namely my other sister Clarisse, my brother TJ's wife Mila and their daughters Yanna and Bella.  Clarisse, an OFW, is currently in Taiwan. Yanna is not feeling well that day so Mila stayed with her. TJ can't bring both toddler Xander and 9-month old Bella all by himself so he just brought Xander. 
Another thing to like about Sisig Society is its chic interiors. Their place is definitely not your typical sisig and beer joint though they do have beers and cocktails in their menu. Here are some photos of their interiors:  





When you look up to their ceiling, you'll see this sign that represent the experience you can have with Sisig Society: create and eat your own sisig masterpiece



We had our dinner early to avoid lining up for seats. With the opening of Solenad 3, more and more people are flocking towards Solenad and finding a table especially with our big group can be quite difficult.

We finished our dinner just in time to catch the last rays of the sun and therefore were able to have our photos taken with the stunning hue of dusk’s sky. 


Aki, my niece, who is growing to be taller than us. 



We capped off our lovely evening with coffee at the nearby CBTL. 



Most of my childhood and half of my teenage years were spent without a mother by my side. My Mama and Papa have a tumultuous marriage which resulted in them being more apart than together in their almost 16 years of marriage. My mom didn’t have a regular job so we were mostly in my dad’s custody. When I had my first period, I don’t have anyone to talk to about it. I made do with my homemade napkins. I also had to battle a case of body odor by myself since I don’t have a mom that knows that at that age I already need a deodorant. Yet despite of all her misgivings (I know I am not a perfect daughter too.), I do love my mom. She may not be my role model when it comes to motherhood but I know that she did her best. Her good health is always part of my prayers. We lost our Papa at a young age so I really hope we will be with our mother for a very long time.

So to my Mama, I along with J and our little Queen B love you so much and Happy, happy birthday!


#xoxo


Comments

Popular Posts