A Simple Birthday and Anniversary Surprise


The seventh of November is extra special because aside from it being J’s date of birth it is also the date of our anniversary as a couple. Obviously, ours being a couple is my first gift to J and as each year passes I tried to outdo myself when it comes to my gifts to J. One year I gave him a poker set (along with other items) which he requested ever since he played poker with a friend’s family. Up to this day, it still hasn’t been used. Another year I organized a surprise birthday party for him where I invited not only our common friends but his college classmates as well. I even faked out a fight with him so he won’t have a clue about my plans. There was also a year that I received an unexpected monetary benefit which I used to give him a Ralph Lauren toiletries set that includes a perfume, body wash, and deodorant.

This year I am at a loss on what to give him since I am a stay-at-home mom and wife and does not earn money. I have no qualms in using his salary to buy our basic needs and small things for our little Queen B (I can’t seem to leave Booksale without a board book for Georgina. ☺) but buying a gift is entirely a different matter so this year I am skipping the extravagant gift.

Nowadays, it is either Georgina and I are still sleeping or we just woke up when J arrives home after his night shift job. Most of the time, J buys pandesal from a nearby panederia as our breakfast. It is only when he is here that I prepare eggs or hotdogs to go along with our bread. Sometimes even that he does especially if our little Queen B doesn’t want to be separated from me. So as my simple gift to my hardworking husband, I decided to surprise him a breakfast fit for a king!

The day before his birthday, along with my niece Aki and Georgina I went to the nearby shopping mall to pay off some of our utility bills. I also used that opportunity to buy what I need for his birthday breakfast. I made sure that we will be back at home before he wakes up to prepare to go to work so he won’t see my purchases.

The morning of his birthday despite sleeping late as usual I woke up early to start my preparations. The birthday boy arrived at around 9 AM with everything ready for his birthday feast.

J's birthday breakfast feast of fried rice, eggs, bacon, corned beef, and pancakes which also serves as his birthday cake!

It may not be my usual birthday and anniversary gift to J but it is one filled with love and thoughtfulness. Happy Birthday and 7th Anniversary, my love!

Georgina, it is Daddy's birthday not yours but you may have some of his pancake. 

#xoxo


Comments

Popular Posts