Little Queen B's First Halloween

Honestly, it was only when we were taking pictures of Georgina did I realize that her costume was related to her nickname. It was such a coincidence that on her first ever Halloween she is a Queen Bee!

The cutest Queen B!

For our first Halloween with our baby, J and I decided to throw a small Halloween party at home. Since our little Queen B is only nine months old, we think Trick or Treating at malls or Halloween celebrations at hotels are something she will still not appreciate. Besides, she still can’t eat the candies or chocolates that they give away on those events. All those calories will just go to my and J’s already thick waistlines.

It took us a while to settle on this decision so our preparations for the party was only two weeks. Let me share to you how we pull it off.

Invitations
We just texted, sent Facebook messages, and personally invited all our target guests. Despite our last minute advisory, we have a good turnout of attendees. Our guests include Georgina’s cousins, my brother and his wife, my cousin and wife, some neighbors, and a few close friends.

Decorations and Games
Since it is a kid’s party, I don’t want our decorations to be scary and gross. We aimed for something cute but still Halloween-ish. I searched various websites for easy DIY Halloween decorations. I am fortunate that there are a lot of free printables out there.

Happy Halloween banner from www.liagriffith.com . My mother bought the mask, witch hat, and skeleton as additional decor. 

Character banners from www.love-the-day.com . The pumpkin is DIYed by my mom. My mom also bought the red spider web as additional decor. 
I also made cut-outs of bats and  witches from a couple of black cartolina boards and hang them all around our small garden. My mom did not sweep the fallen leaves for a few days as part of  our Halloween decor. 

Loot bags full of treats for our little guests. The Happy Halloween tags are from www.iheartnaptime.net
Our utensils also received some Halloween treatment with these glow in the dark sticks with Halloween inspired finger puppets I bought from SM at 25 Php each. 

We actually prepared two games for the kids: Pin the Pumpkin’s Nose and Mummy Wrap. But since most of our guests kids are toddlers we opted not to conduct the games anymore. The supposed to be prizes for the games were given with the loot bags instead.

Our supposed to be prizes for the games. The KFC bucket is full of candies for kids that will go trick or treating at our house. 

Snacks and Refreshments
This was the first party J and I hosted at home after having our little Queen B. We knew that we have to choose snacks and refreshments that are not time consuming to prepare and still in line with our theme. Thankfully, Pinterest is there to give us tons of ideas!

We served the following to our guests:

 
Wormy Jell-O (The Jell-O was actually composed of 2 layers, black and orange, but we used brown sugar instead of white which caused the orange gelatin to darken. Learned my lesson though.)

Chocolate witch broomsticks and Chocolate eyeballs
  
Mummy Toasts

Hotdog Fingers made less more freaky with colorful ketchup.
Store bought cupcakes with Halloween-inspired toppers. 

Spaghetti. I initially planned to dye the pasta green and make a face using eggs, olives, and other ingredients but we decided to leave it simple so our guests will not find it weird and not eat. 

The Party

Ready to welcome our guests. We finished our preparations ahead of time. J and I are getting better in our party hosting abilities.
Georgina and I with her cousins.

My adorable inaanak Aki in his elephant costume with Daddy Nino, my neighbor and HS classmate's kids Nice and Sid, my nieces Aki and Yanna, and Ninang Riza with my little Queen B!

Cutie Empress with Mommy Cherry
My mom in her Lola Nidora costume, and my nieces Aki and Yanna in their princess costumes. 
Yours truly, Ninang Riza with Georgina, and Candy with Aki. 

Our little Queen B was a great host. She remained joyful and active all throughout the party. We have a fun afternoon with our family, friends, and adorable little guests.

Thanks for coming to my party! - Queen Bee

#xoxo

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts