Easter Egg-ercise


Starting this year, I have been working out more regularly and once my little Queen B sees me putting on my rubber shoes she will put on hers too. She likes imitating me while I do my exercise routine. So this Easter Week, I prepared a special workout routine for her, an Easter Egg-ercise

For this fun activity, you will only need plastic eggs, pieces of paper, and a pen. In the pieces of paper, write some exercise routine and then place the paper inside the egg. Let your child choose an egg and follow the instruction inside. 


In our eggs, here are the routines I wrote:
  • 1 Squat
  • 2 Pencil Rolls
  • 3 Jumping Jacks
  • 4 Steps Sideways
  • 5 Donkey Kicks
  • 6 Bunny Hops
Predictably, she chose the pink egg first!
Opening the egg
And she got 6 donkey kicks.
She's doing bunny hops here. 
Depending on your child's age and abilities, you can add more exercise routines. 
Doing a squat
About to do a jumping jack
Everyone benefits from exercise including our kids. Physically active kids will
  • have stronger muscles and bones. 
  • be less likely to be overweight or obese. 
  • have stronger hearts and lungs.
  • have less chance of developing type 2 diabetes. 
  • have a better outlook on life. 
It is never too early to teach our kids the importance of exercise. It could also be a time for bonding between you and your child. 



MORE EASTER ACTIVITIES

Yours, 

Lady

Comments

Popular Posts